YourMicro.com - HPI Micro RS4, Losi Mini-T, XRay M18, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, M18, M18T, RC18T, Mini-LST, Mini-T, Micro RS4, XRay, 1/18, 18th scale
M18 Hop-Ups, M18 Parts, Mini-LST Hop-Ups, Mini-LST Parts, Kyosho, Atomic, 3Racing, Country Alloy Works, Castle Creations, Trinity, Intellect, United RC, Battery Packs, 2/3A
Old 10-02-2008, 01:09 PM

Sorry, I've been offline for a while.

Nerve- That servo you have is what's recommended, although I don't think metal gears are necessary. I'm using a smaller servo, and it works well for me. The diff grease should be fine. As far as the diff settings, the manual doesn't specify. I never messed with mine, but I would go with previous experience on other cars. (just don't let it slip). Also, I was mistaken on those CVDs...Mine are silver shafts, as well.

Kavvika- Welcome to the club. If you're looking for gear options, Sportwerks
has a set. http://www.sportwerksrc.com/Products...ProdId=SWK6908 They're $8 at the LHS. As far as ball diffs, some guys at the LHS were running brushless with no problems. I've heard about the balls being poorly made, and the "fix" was to use Tamiya balls...Personally, I wouldn't switch to gear diffs.

The only thing I've seen about the Recoil being discontinued was someone's post at rctech.net. He mentioned Horizon hobby distributing the car. It's made by Carisma, and sold under the Sportwerks name. It's only been on the street about a year....At any rate, if parts go away for this anytime soon, expect to see a fire sale for all my RC stuff...I think I'm done after 23 years of this.
Old 10-02-2008, 03:57 PM

Send a message via MSN to Nerve
Alrighty,

Then if you have silver CVDs you must also have a first run chassis like mine then. I received an email back from the guy I bought it off of on Ebay and he told me it was on the first order that came into their shop.

Now a friend of mine has a recoil, which was also bought on our LHS's first run order, but his was black. Unless the states just got it first and then they changed it very early in production.

Reason for going w/ the 225mg, cheaper then replacing it with a JR servo again.

Yeah, that same post is what I was basing that on.

LOL! Fire sale eh! .... I would like to get an HPI 5B for next year
Old 10-03-2008, 06:36 PM

Put it this way: If I EVER buy another car, it will be a 1/10 electric TC of some type....But everything else will be sold off, first.
Old 10-06-2008, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ Winn View Post
Put it this way: If I EVER buy another car, it will be a 1/10 electric TC of some type....But everything else will be sold off, first.
I could switch over to 1/10 racing (probably enjoy it more due to more # of racers). However due to the scheduling, micro/recoil/tamtech etc small scale stuff is all run on one saturday and the 1/10/tamiya etc. classes are all run the weekend after.

So I could (would) never run both 1/10 and micro scales for the season. I have a life and I dont want to spend every saturday afternoon / evening at the track.. hah. But racing in two classes (recoil/micro) at least gives me something to do instead of standing around.

But, it might be something to swing by a 1/10 day this season and just sit in to see how things go.
Old 10-09-2008, 07:03 AM

Well, I don't race anymore and the small scales seem to be dying. I would go with a 1/10 simply because there are more motor, tire and body choices.
Old 10-09-2008, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Well, I don't race anymore and the small scales seem to be dying. I would go with a 1/10 simply because there are more motor, tire and body choices.
Yeah. Our club here still runs micro. So as long as there are a few racers to run, its a race. But we are purely for fun, not competitive. Although the odd time a competitive race will materialize.

Maybe I should look into a 1/14 scale Recoil for the better half and put both micros to sleep... HAH. I know the gf will like looking at and working on the recoil vs the small micro.

I basically told my gf, if u are racing with me, learn to "turn some wrenches". So she does. Anything major-ish is my dept tho.
Old 10-10-2008, 04:35 PM

Yeah, I retired my RS4 after I ran Alfred's M18. The LHS said Xray quit making them, so I bought the Recoil instead. Now I'm waiting on my new batteries to get here, so I can have some decent run time.
Old 10-16-2008, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Yeah, I retired my RS4 after I ran Alfred's M18. The LHS said Xray quit making them, so I bought the Recoil instead. Now I'm waiting on my new batteries to get here, so I can have some decent run time.
Xray stopped production of the M18? or was it HPI stopped production on the MicroRS4s? (which I could honestly see them doing).

Yeah after seeing the recoil class last winter, I was sold on them. Its a good little car.
Old 10-16-2008, 07:20 PM

According to the guy at the LHS, Xray discontinued the M18, but he could still "get a few" from the distributor...That's why I went with the Recoil, instead.
Old 10-17-2008, 09:16 AM

Quote:
According to the guy at the LHS, Xray discontinued the M18, but he could still "get a few" from the distributor...That's why I went with the Recoil, instead.
Interesting. Didn't figure they would can it.

Well my club races both for as long as the are around, or interest.
Old 11-24-2008, 10:01 AM

Well, I never thought this day would come...I have finally lost interest after 23 years of RC. So far, I am researching the current "values" of my cars and equipment. Look for a possible Ebay listing on a "package deal" in the near future....It's been fun, and maybe someday, I'll look into a 1/10 touring car of some type, but it's dead for now.