YourMicro.com - HPI Micro RS4, Losi Mini-T, XRay M18, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, M18, M18T, RC18T, Mini-LST, Mini-T, Micro RS4, XRay, 1/18, 18th scale
M18 Hop-Ups, M18 Parts, Mini-LST Hop-Ups, Mini-LST Parts, Kyosho, Atomic, 3Racing, Country Alloy Works, Castle Creations, Trinity, Intellect, United RC, Battery Packs, 2/3A

Go Back   YourMicro.com Forums > HPI Micro RS4 > Micro RS4 Electronics

Old 07-14-2006, 11:20 PM

One battery for the motor and reciever... how?

Hi, I just bought a micro rs4 (after a lot of searching... apparently they discontinued the kits T.T) but I stil need an esc to run it. My reciever came with a separate batter holder for it but there is no way all those batteries are gong to fit on my little car. I remember seeing something about esc's or reciever's or some part of the electronic system that allowed you to split power from one main battery to both things (I think I remember...) Anyways, I already have a generic radio so I really hope the reciever doesnt need to be replaced to accomplish this. Hopefully its the esc that does it, in which case I need help choosing one! The two I am currently looking at are the Novak Spy and the HPI one that is specifically for the Micro RS4. I scanned the descriptions of both but I couldnt find anything about this but since I have seen pictures of the Micro RS4 RTR with the HPI esc on it (and no extra batteries) I htink that this one can do it. If I had a choice, the Spy is cheaper. Can anybody help a noob out xD?

Thanks in advance, cheers
Old 07-14-2006, 11:30 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to alfred Send a message via MSN to alfred Send a message via Yahoo to alfred
The RX battery pack is used to run the RX in nitros only......when you get the esc it will power the rx and servos....so no need to worry man.
Spektrumized
Old 07-15-2006, 12:42 AM

thanks XD! Fast reply too

Unfortunately, I accumulate problems just as fast lol. The rims wont come off the freaking wheels! Ive pulled and pulled and now I think I broke the diff from pulling so much. It doesnt turn right anymore T.T These wheels are too tight! Has anybody had his problem too?
Old 07-15-2006, 12:50 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to alfred Send a message via MSN to alfred Send a message via Yahoo to alfred
Everyone has....the best way to take them off is just to pull them off.
Spektrumized
Old 07-15-2006, 01:14 AM

omfg it wont come off T___________________T

my diff is definately broke now

I think if i ever get these things off, im going to sand them down
Old 07-15-2006, 01:17 AM
Super Moderator

Did you put the kit together.........or did you buy it already put together.......you shouldnt be having that much trouble pulling the rims off......are you sure the rims are on the innerwheels...or is it a one piece type.
Spektrumized
Old 07-15-2006, 02:07 AM

i bought it as a kit that was already put together. since it is discontinued, i had to buy from e-bay. i rebuilt the whole thing (and i just finally got the wheels back off). rawr that took too long. now i have to fix the diff. i took it apart but now that i put it back together, it isnt very smooth anymore T_T

I think i need more practice xD
Old 07-15-2006, 08:42 AM
Super Moderator

Just make sure you have nothing binding.....dont overtighten the screws.....just do it enough to make it snug.
Spektrumized
Old 07-15-2006, 12:49 PM

Send a message via AIM to Silver Supra Send a message via Yahoo to Silver Supra
Why aren't you using a balldiff, anyways.... Besides, they're not discontinued completely. It's just that, some online stores are going to start selling the new versions coming out in like a few weeks.
Old 07-16-2006, 01:40 AM

actually, I am usign a balldiff

it looks pretty sturdy to tell the truth. I dont know how my pulling affected it but after i put it back together, it seems to work ok.

On another note, I know the function of a differential and how it basically works, but I dont really get what a one way differential does. I have one installed on the front drive and it doesnt work like the ball diff. The ball diff applies power to the back wheels based on resistance from each wheel therefore allowing the car to make turns without tearing the tires. But the front diff, when power is applied, both front wheels spin at the same speed and power is not applied based on resistance. It is one way, so the wheels can freewheel faster than motor is pushing them, but cannot go slower. Can someone give me a qick explaination ^_^
Old 07-16-2006, 02:02 AM
Super Moderator

Click on the link.....its the second post down....hope that helps man.

http://yourmicro.com/forums/showthre...hlight=oneways
Spektrumized
Old 01-12-2007, 06:48 PM

the mrs4 is discontinued,only the sport and drift are still in production.ive heard ball diffs are prone to sliping and stocks are better.as for wheels,give the rim a squeeze with ur finger and thumb and it should come straight off.hope ive helped mate and have fun
Old 12-21-2007, 05:20 PM

I know with the prebuilt sport kit the wheels are glued together with ca. don't even try to get the tire off the rim, but the rim can be separated with a small flathead screwdriver. wedge it under about 1/8 in then work your way around the rim (restarting when necessary)