YourMicro.com - HPI Micro RS4, Losi Mini-T, XRay M18, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, M18, M18T, RC18T, Mini-LST, Mini-T, Micro RS4, XRay, 1/18, 18th scale
M18 Hop-Ups, M18 Parts, Mini-LST Hop-Ups, Mini-LST Parts, Kyosho, Atomic, 3Racing, Country Alloy Works, Castle Creations, Trinity, Intellect, United RC, Battery Packs, 2/3A

Go Back   YourMicro.com Forums > MegaTech Propulse > Propulse Discussion

Old 09-17-2007, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian144 View Post
..Too bad they only sell MegaPro's, not Pro Pulses lol. I think I'll order mine directly from MegaTech still.
Your joking right?
Megapro's are Propulse's, just renamed as Babetta80 pointed out.
Old 09-17-2007, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by babetta80 View Post
dude, who cares?? its a name. i think this is great. froogle is filled with megapro vehicles and parts, i guess megatech is really hoping to make these mainstream. hopefully i'll get a few for christmas
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyBastard View Post
Your joking right?
Megapro's are Propulse's, just renamed as Babetta80 pointed out.
Both of you... I like the Pro Pulse name better lol. That's why I'll order mine directly from MegaTech, before they run out. And the fact that Mega Pro's wont' be available until Mid-October.

It's good because you can basically pick from 2 names, and then there are a wide variety of parts that you can get, such as Pro Pulse (what's left of the PP parts), MegaPro parts (hopefully they will look the same too), and then there's the large variety of aftermarket engines, not to mention the RC18t parts that will fit it as well.

Just another question, what do you guys think I will need to maintain my Pro Pulse until November if I order it Friday this week? I probably won't get any upgrade parts. I'm thinking the Truck, 2 1400mah packs, the MRC 960 charger, shock oil, and what else do you think? Spare bumpers maybe?
Old 09-17-2007, 08:51 PM

Dude, seriously.. absolutely nothing will be different other than the name and the packaging. It is all exactly the same. The only BIG difference is Megatech will finally be releasing upgrade parts that were never released through RadioShaft. (like the brushless set-ups) That's it. End of story.

If you manage to acquire a 'Propulse' from RS or Megatech or wherever, by the time you need something Towerhobbies will have it all. But in the meantime check the RadioShaft online store for whatever they have left in stock.
If you can, get the Alloy shocks and the Titanium Turnbuckles.

Last edited by BloodyBastard; 09-17-2007 at 08:56 PM.
Old 09-17-2007, 09:13 PM

spur gears, most likely. possibly another servo depending on how good a driver you are but i think you should just go ahead and order the truck, its much cheaper to use rc18 parts.
Old 09-17-2007, 09:57 PM

Quote:
spur gears, most likely. possibly another servo depending on how good a driver you are but i think you should just go ahead and order the truck, its much cheaper to use rc18 parts.
Haha, I don't think that I'll be that good of a driver when I first get it, as my fastest R/C experience was probably my Xmods... lol sad but true.

So I think that I'll get:
Truck ($120)
2 1400mah battery packs (@ towerhobbies they're $30 each, definately worth 4 dollars more than the 1200mah I hope)
MRC 960 charger (off of eBay for a few $$ less, probably $45)
Bumper set (Who knows what the hell I'll hit?) (what are they, $10 at R$?)
Shock oil (What's the price on those?)
Aluminum oil-filled shocks ($40)

+ Shipping & Handling... and we got ourselves a total of $275 w/out Shock oil or Shipping & Handling to Canada.

I think that the only argument that I have to convince my parents to buy me one is:

I will pay for some of it, I helped my dad insulate our barn for half of summer break, so He can go out there and work on his cars in the winter (He has a 2002tii, some old 5's and 6's (that's it for BMW), 1 Triumph TR6, and my favorite, a '68 Barracuda Formula S). I wanted to get a Nitro R/C, but he said that he wasn't gonna spend that much (I think it was around $500), and that the way that I asked him was rude and BLAH BLAH BLAH. So I'll say this is cheaper.... Anyone have any other good points?

Last edited by Canadian144; 09-18-2007 at 05:55 PM.
Old 09-17-2007, 09:59 PM

Another think that I just thought of: Do you guys thing that the MegaPro will bring in more aftermarket support strictly for the MegaPro/Pro Pulse? I mean, if you search Pro Pulse on eBay, you barely get any results. I hope that with the mainstream MegaPro, parts will start appearing more and more often on eBay.

Last edited by Canadian144; 09-18-2007 at 06:14 AM.
Old 09-18-2007, 06:11 AM

Quote:
..Do you guys thin(k) that the MegaPro will bring in more aftermarket support strictly for the MegaPro/Pro Pulse? I mean, if you search Pro Pulse on eBay, you barely get any results. I hope that with the mainstream MegaPro, parts will start appearing more and more often on eBay.
If your only experience with RC is XMods, than you haven't experienced real RC.
I think you need to get a Propulse/MegaPro first and discover what 'Hobby Grade' RC is all about.
Perhaps then you will have less time to just sit about thinking up things to post about and have some pertinent issues to discuss.
Old 09-18-2007, 06:39 AM

Quote:
If your only experience with RC is XMods, than you haven't experienced real RC.
I think you need to get a Propulse/MegaPro first and discover what 'Hobby Grade' RC is all about.
Well, other than Xmods, I have driven zip zaps and the Microz in my signature... not to mention the larger R/C's, the ones that you can't modify (well, you're not supposed to). I think that Xmods were good because they kind of introduced a lot of people to the customizable R/C world... without them I don't think that I would really have an interest in the Pro Pulse or any other Hobby Grade R/C. I hope that my Pro Pulse/ MegaPro should last me a long time, but after it gets boring or I just want something new, I'll hopefully have some knowledge in Hobby R/C's, and the switch to something like a Nitro truck should be easier than from Xmods to a Nitro truck (not saying that I really want a Nitro truck, but it might be one of the next steps).

Quote:
Perhaps then you will have less time to just sit about thinking up things to post about and have some pertinent issues to discuss.
Perhaps....
Old 09-18-2007, 07:26 AM

the car does come with a servo saver, so you would just be buying another one... i would imagine that lhs in your area has, or could get rc18 parts, as well as servos, shock oil, etc... so i don't think you need to order everything directly through megatech, it'll cost you a bunch more.
Old 09-18-2007, 04:23 PM

Quote:
the car does come with a servo saver, so you would just be buying another one... i would imagine that lhs in your area has, or could get rc18 parts, as well as servos, shock oil, etc... so i don't think you need to order everything directly through megatech, it'll cost you a bunch more.
Ok, thanks. Maybe I'll get some shocks instead.

Anyways, here's an update on the Pro Pulse (Not MegaPro) situtation, taken from www.propulseforum.com , posted by RallyWRX in the General Discussion forum:

"THIS JUST IN! POSSIBLE GOOD NEWS FOR PRO-PULSE LOVERS. RADIOSHACK has given the order to send all in stock pro-pulse back to Fort Worth (I think that's where he said) so they can have something fixed after which they will be returned to stores. Hopefully they're going to put gear covers on them!

This is good news as long as the manager who told me this had his story straight."

Do you guys think that this is possible, or just BS?
Old 09-18-2007, 05:29 PM

eh, i don't know about that, but it would be SWEET! i would love to be able to walk into rs, instead of having to order them... it does sorta make sense, why would they still sell the propulse brand online, and megapro everywhere else?
Old 09-18-2007, 05:53 PM

Quote:
eh, i don't know about that, but it would be SWEET! i would love to be able to walk into rs, instead of having to order them... it does sorta make sense, why would they still sell the propulse brand online, and megapro everywhere else?
Yeah.. just how long will it take? I'm debating between ordering a PP as it is, or waiting for a few more weeks for them to be re-released.

Man.... this sucks!

Is there anyway that you could build a home-made gear cover? Can someone take a picture of their PP chassis and the circle where the gear sticks out, where rocks can get in, so if I do order it soon, I'll just have to try to do something to build a little shield, and figure out a way to protect the shocks from popping off (there must be something you can do!).
Old 09-18-2007, 06:59 PM

Quote:
..Is there anyway that you could build a home-made gear cover? Can someone take a picture of their PP chassis and the circle where the gear sticks out, where rocks can get in, so if I do order it soon, I'll just have to try to do something to build a little shield, and figure out a way to protect the shocks from popping off (there must be something you can do!).
There is something you can do, well couple things come to mind actually, but I will refrain from being nasty and just point out that perhaps you should 'browse' through all the threads in this section and you might find answers before you add to your 'post count'.

Here is my thread on this very topic..

http://yourmicro.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19821
Old 09-18-2007, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Well, other than Xmods, I have driven zip zaps and the Microz in my signature... not to mention the larger R/C's, the ones that you can't modify (well, you're not supposed to). I think that Xmods were good because they kind of introduced a lot of people to the customizable R/C world...
Here's another suggestion.. while you are waiting for your dad to buy you a Propulse, go break out your little xmods and scoot them around your kitchen floor to keep yourself busy.
..Meanwhile I will be heading out to the dirt track to try and beat the pulp out of some serious competition.
Old 09-18-2007, 08:40 PM

Quote:
There is something you can do, well couple things come to mind actually, but I will refrain from being nasty and just point out that perhaps you should 'browse' through all the threads in this section and you might find answers before you add to your 'post count'.

Here is my thread on this very topic..

http://yourmicro.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19821
Sorry, should have used the search funtion. My bad. Great tutorial by the way.

Quote:
Here's another suggestion.. while you are waiting for your dad to buy you a Propulse, go break out your little xmods and scoot them around your kitchen floor to keep yourself busy.
..Meanwhile I will be heading out to the dirt track to try and beat the pulp out of some serious competition.
That's probably what I will do... however I am learning how to solder stuff at the moment, so if anything breaks I can just fix it myself, no need to get my dad to do it.

And sorry if you think that this was another attempt of mine to get my post count up, it wasn't.