YourMicro.com - HPI Micro RS4, Losi Mini-T, XRay M18, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, M18, M18T, RC18T, Mini-LST, Mini-T, Micro RS4, XRay, 1/18, 18th scale
M18 Hop-Ups, M18 Parts, Mini-LST Hop-Ups, Mini-LST Parts, Kyosho, Atomic, 3Racing, Country Alloy Works, Castle Creations, Trinity, Intellect, United RC, Battery Packs, 2/3A
Old 11-08-2005, 04:25 PM
My Precious...

beware of Jeff Sater

If anybody lives near this guy, or plans to do any dealings, I want you all to know he has taken my stuff and never shipped me this heli. He refuses to answer emails or return phone calls. The police have been contacted in his area. I have filed a complaint with rcu allready and will be pasting this info around the internet everywhere to protect others and hope someone can help me out.
thanks

jeff sater
258 pico vista
novato, CA 94947
USA
chokeonitb@aol.com

4155951587 cell and 4158978737 home.

yes I should have worried about the email but all his info checked out in a 411 search

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well after I got some info on this guy and had people attempt contact and some were going to stop by, he finally emails me back.... I will just paste the last 2 emails here. it's good because he has admitted that he never shipped the heli (though last contact he was going to ship it on Oct 27 with money he borrowed then disappeared as he got the boat (his part of the trade)

dude, what the (pottie mouth) are you doing? are you (pottie mouth)ing stupid. now you might not get it. i told you i was broke and i would send it when i get some money. well i just started working again and i am waiting a pay check. i have been away from my computer all last week. now im on it again and i see this. what the (pottie mouth)? you are the *******. ive already explained myself to you. so well just see what happens? if i even see a cop near or around my street, you will not get the copter. so how you feel about that.

Jeffrey C Sater

-----Original Message-----
To: chokeonitb@aol.com
Sent: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 16:50:17 -0800
Subject: Re: heli

ok I have just finished notifying your local police deptartment. this is getting silly now, I don't want to have to press charges but you are leaving me no choice
Barry

>From: chokeonitb@aol.com
>To: pipeous@hotmail.com
>Subject: Re: heli
>Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 18:07:07 -0400
>MIME-Version: 1.0
>Received: from imo-m22.mail.aol.com ([64.12.137.3]) by mc4-f25.hotmail.com >with Microsoft SMTPSVC(6.0.3790.211); Wed, 26 Oct 2005 15:14:53 -0700
>Received: from Chokeonitb@aol.comby imo-m22.mx.aol.com (mail_out_v38_r6.3.) >id i.102.6c7c99cd (16100) for <pipeous@hotmail.com>; Wed, 26 Oct 2005 >18:07:07 -0400 (EDT)
>Received: from MBLK-M31 (mblk-m31.mblk.aol.com [64.12.136.75]) by >air-id11.mx.aol.com (v107.13) with ESMTP id MAILINID114-3ee4435ffe0b2ed; >Wed, 26 Oct 2005 18:07:07 -0400
>Received: from 67.188.186.210 by MBLK-M31.sysops.aol.com (64.12.136.75) >with HTTP (WebMailUI); Wed, 26 Oct 2005 18:07:07 -0400
>X-Message-Info: JGTYoYF78jEHjJx36Oi8+Z3TmmkSEdPtfpLB7P/ybN8=
>X-MB-Message-Source: WebUI
>X-MB-Message-Type: User
>X-Mailer: AOL WebMail 1.1.0.14204
>X-AOL-IP: 64.12.136.75
>X-Spam-Flag: NO
>Return-Path: Chokeonitb@aol.com
>X-OriginalArrivalTime: 26 Oct 2005 22:14:53.0454 (UTC) >FILETIME=[B0A732E0:01C5DA7A]
>
>my girlfriend just got back. she said she is going to give me the money to >ship out the heli. so by tomarrow your package should be on its way.
>
> Jeffrey C Sater
>
>
>-----Original Message-----
>From: Barry Wilson <pipeous@hotmail.com>
>To: chokeonitb@aol.com
>Sent: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 01:37:09 -0700
>Subject: Re: heli
>
>
>I understand the cash flow thing. am there myself. had to sell a few >things.
>thanks Jeff, I am just anxious to have a heli to tinker with again
>Barry
>
> >From: chokeonitb@aol.com
> >To: pipeous@hotmail.com
> >Subject: Re: heli
> >Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 04:06:16 -0400
> >MIME-Version: 1.0
> >Received: from imo-m28.mx.aol.com ([64.12.137.9]) by mc3-f22.hotmail.com > >with Microsoft SMTPSVC(6.0.3790.211); Wed, 26 Oct 2005 01:06:31 -0700
> >Received: from Chokeonitb@aol.comby imo-m28.mx.aol.com >(mail_out_v38_r6.3.) >id i.1c8.343f9060 (15889) for <pipeous@hotmail.com>; >Wed, 26 Oct 2005 >04:06:16 -0400 (EDT)
> >Received: from MBLK-M34 (mblk-m34.mblk.aol.com [64.12.136.78]) by > >air-id08.mx.aol.com (v107.13) with ESMTP id MAILINID84-3e11435f38f8fd; >Wed, >26 Oct 2005 04:06:16 -0400
> >Received: from 67.188.186.210 by MBLK-M34.sysops.aol.com (64.12.136.78) > >with HTTP (WebMailUI); Wed, 26 Oct 2005 04:06:16 -0400
> >X-Message-Info: JGTYoYF78jEHjJx36Oi8+Z3TmmkSEdPtfpLB7P/ybN8=
> >X-MB-Message-Source: WebUI
> >X-MB-Message-Type: User
> >X-Mailer: AOL WebMail 1.1.0.14204
> >X-AOL-IP: 64.12.136.78
> >X-Spam-Flag: NO
> >Return-Path: Chokeonitb@aol.com
> >X-OriginalArrivalTime: 26 Oct 2005 08:06:31.0245 (UTC) > >FILETIME=[2C927FD0:01C5DA04]
> >
> >hey barry. sorry its taking so long. to tell you the truth, im a little > >short of the cash to send it today. i am going to borrow the money > >tomarrow. so dont worry, tomarrow i will have some tracking numbers for > >you. promise bro. im not jacking you up. dont worry im for real. not > >gonna burn you. promse.
> >
> > Jeffrey C Sater

The last email was sent right after as I mentioned I had the private investigator and friends able to swing by...

go ahead *******. now that you have threatened me you can (pottie mouth) off!

Jeffrey C Sater

Sent: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 16:06:11 -0800

Well it is now 4pm and still no word, I guess I have no alternative now but to file charges with your local police department. you do realize mail fraud is an indictable offense? sorry I have no choice now since you don't return either Michael's or my emails and calls.

we can end this now without further complications if you;d just supply me with a tracking number. I think you shipping priority now is definately in order since I have had to wait an extra week with no contact. I also want you to know I have friends in Petaluma and I will be giving them your address and contact info tomorrow.
Barry Wilson

well thats good for you. now just try and do all that.

Jeffrey C Sater

Sent: Sun, 06 Nov 2005 13:18:16 -0800

you totally ignore me when you said you were shipping it, you don't return phone calls, and I am not to believe you have burned me?
the honest thing to do would have been to keep in touch. last thing you said was you had borrowed the money and were shipping the heli. next day the boat arrived to you and you disappear. your (pottie mouth)ing rights I am getting mad. if you can't follow through with what you said, then the least you should have done was let me know..

october 26 is my last contact with you, almost 2 weeks ago you said and I quote as I have saved every email for the police in case this happens...

my girlfriend just got back. she said she is going to give me the money to ship out the heli. so by tomarrow your package should be on its way.

Jeffrey C Sater

so if you shipped it on the 27 like you said you were, and given me the tracking number like you were supposed to, it would have been on the up and up. Michael has called and called, as have other people and you were home sick so it would have taken nothing to send an email. but you with little feedback, chose to avoid me, instead of letting me know.

thanks for that last email by the way, that is perfect evidence for the police you intend to steal and now I have grounds to press charges as you admitted you hadn't sent and don't intend to. pefect. I will call your police department right now and let them know, as well as other agencies. I have the rest of the info from the private investigator. you never intended to ship, it's obvious, but you must have allready figured that I have gone a long ways to ending this, now it shall come to fruition. I am honest, have a great repitation, am bonded and licensed with the attorney general and I know law...
cheers
Barry

I spoke to the Novato Police Dept today. They had me contact the District Attorney's office. The DA has sent me off all the paperwork to have charges pressed.
While the police won't send out a car for my phone call, the DA instructed me to take all the documentation to my local police and they could contact the novato police and have them "assist" in the investigation and send a car around.

I have 60 emails and contracts on the cd, and have also copied the websites and provided all the people I contacted. This is such a hassle but I can't stop now. This guy has to learn not to steal and all parties I talked to agree and have been very helpful.... just the red tape crap and hoops to jump through. writing a few letters and such is really not all that bad, just the waiting game

if anyone feels like phoning those numbers above to remind him it is serious (and you get free long distance, no sense in it costing you money) it would be appreciated. I will also try calling again myself and maybe explaining to his woman how far out of hand this is getting as she probably doesn't know it is going this far

and this was all done October 20
Old 11-08-2005, 06:44 PM

Send a message via ICQ to BLiND
wish I could help, but novato is on the other end of the state from me

-Intellect 1400mAH packs starting at $16!
Old 11-08-2005, 11:14 PM
Micro Novice

If I lived a littel closer I'd stop by.. But monterey is just a bit out of the way. I had to go threw a similar situation about a year back.. As a result I will never do trades again. I ended up pressing charges as you have now done.. Turned out the jerk sold my stuff on e bay. My stuff was never returned. In the end I did have satifaction.
Good luck
Old 11-09-2005, 01:01 PM
My Precious...

toss him an email, drop a phone call (if it's free). I figure he will get so tired of the harassment he will finally send it.

and if he changes his number the PI can get the new one for me. going to cost me some ek4 stuff for the favour lol. if you guys saw how much ek4 stuff I have in my shop hahaha
Old 11-11-2005, 03:52 PM
My Precious...

I got a letter from the operations division of the Novato police yesterday.
the Captain has called the Northern California Computer Crimes Task Force and spoke to their supervisor (not sure if I should put their names, so I won't).
She is going to advise me on what to do from here, and the police will assist where needed now if the NCCCTF (long name) requests. Just waiting for the letter from the DA to take to our RCMP and present the documents. I can also add these new contacts for them to the lists.

it is a very good day for me. and maybe a lesson to be learned for scammers.

keep a copy of all sent and received emails until the transaction is complete. I think my pack rat mentality paid off for once
Old 11-14-2005, 04:28 PM
My Precious...

okay I got the paperwork today from the DA's office. This is for the Consumer Protection Division. This is the mediation process involved to get the civil suit filed. Now if I could only get paid and get a battery in my car, I could drive up to the RCMP station and finish filing the paperwork. any day now it shall get done. I have been working so much overtime just little free time to get paid from my other part time job. stupid battery died trying to go to work 2 nights ago and they had to come pick me up. no worries, it is pretty much a conclusion now that I have all the paperwork to file.

oh baby, rolling right along
Old 11-14-2005, 08:37 PM

Send a message via AIM to HPIsuperfan
Man, I can't beleive some of this stuff is actually going on. It is a hobby, not a way to pawn free stuff off people you've never heard of and get yourself messed up, (that's what drugs are for) but honestly, this is all insane.
Old 11-15-2005, 10:12 AM
My Precious...

I agree. I just want to show it is not hopeless though and that scammers can be dealt with. He probably thought I would have given up by now I bet, but like I just emailed him, it has only just begun.
Conflict resolution is always dealt with in escalating measures. You have to exhaust all possibilities before stepping it up.

Next I take out adds in his local newspaper. I had to buy a battery for my 1:1 car last night, I was actually late for work too lol. I do 12 hour shifts and only had 1 day off in the last week, and was too broke to get a battery until the yesterday. I just have to fill the last bit of paperwork in then take it to the RCMP office with the cd I have of all the emails, contracts etc, plus a hard copy list of all contacts involved.

Too bad the union job didn't pan out, but I am getting double time so hard to refuse all this OT (I can take another 12 of DT tonight again lol) I think I will bank half for paid racing next year, and the winter nationals are coming soon too I am going.

guess I better get this stuff finished.
Old 11-15-2005, 08:05 PM

Send a message via AIM to HPIsuperfan
Man. Good luck with that conflict Pipeous. I surely wouldn't want to be caught in a similar situation.
Old 11-16-2005, 07:04 AM
My Precious...

I do part time installing cable wire in new homes (tv) and was owed a couple days pay. he delivered a battery to me last night. 5 am I am finally awake (nothing like sleeping a day off away, man was I tired from this week).

I'll hit the police staion shortly then go do some finish work on the off road track so we can use it
Old 11-22-2005, 06:03 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to alfred Send a message via MSN to alfred Send a message via Yahoo to alfred
Any word on the outcome of this Pipeous.
Spektrumized
Old 11-23-2005, 06:07 AM
My Precious...

I have written the computer crimes division and sent them some information. I saved all the emails as a web page and uploaded them to my server so she can read them. the civil suit has been started and I need to see the police locally today or tomorrow to take them info for the criminal charges.

it takes a while for each section to complete, but I am still moving forward. it's tough to find time to do anything with my new job. 3rd day I took over supervisor of the mobile division, and we are really short staffed. (I told them I would scream obscenities at anybody that called me into work and they called me as I going to bed yesterday to work again. 5 shifts, 12 hours plus, driving in that fog near killed me... 12 shifts in the last 2 weeks but I have 3 days off now)

Last edited by Pipeous; 11-23-2005 at 06:11 AM.
Old 11-24-2005, 10:19 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to alfred Send a message via MSN to alfred Send a message via Yahoo to alfred
well just keep us posted on the outcome please...cant believe some people are like this.....i hope i never have to go through this.
Spektrumized
Old 11-27-2005, 12:59 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Roelof
2 weeks ago our Dutch police did take a national action to these kind of people, there was even a network of people spotted.
Lots of people were arrested.

They also advertised stuf on the internet on Ebay and other selling sites, even within clubs forums and only want to send the stuf when money was payed.

Personally I never do bussiness in this way. Paying to the deliveryman is much saver or I go to the seller by myself.
Old 12-10-2005, 11:24 PM
OI! BOY

man, i am glad you finally got that serpent i traded you! after customs played with it for how long??????