YourMicro.com - HPI Micro RS4, Losi Mini-T, XRay M18, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, M18, M18T, RC18T, Mini-LST, Mini-T, Micro RS4, XRay, 1/18, 18th scale
M18 Hop-Ups, M18 Parts, Mini-LST Hop-Ups, Mini-LST Parts, Kyosho, Atomic, 3Racing, Country Alloy Works, Castle Creations, Trinity, Intellect, United RC, Battery Packs, 2/3A

Go Back   YourMicro.com Forums > General Discussion > Other Micro RC

Old 09-09-2006, 01:03 PM

Quote:
If i was to race on that track i would really be all over the place....not used to racing on a small technical track.....lmao.....now that would be a site to see.
I bet you'll be surprised. Like I said before, speed is relative. With the car converted to 4 cells and a stock motor, so the car's speed is adjusted to suit the track size, it is not really harder or easier, just different. We sometimes race with faster cars on bigger tracks and the skill seems to covert back and forth pretty easily for everyone. What makes our racing really hard these days is just that everyone is so competitive. It is really hard to break away from the pack, you always have to content with a car behind you trying to pass you, or a car in front of you that you're trying to pass and not hit, and often both of those at the same time. Now that is fun!
Old 09-12-2006, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harnois View Post
All I have to do is find a pic of a sombrero on the internet, and do a little cut and paste job in photo shop.
I'm sure I can sue you somehow for not getting my permission to do that . I think I'd enjoy replacing your head with a bucket that has a face drawn on it with a brain sticking out of the top over doing the first option.
Old 09-14-2006, 05:57 PM

No for myself I was thinking a tin foil hat like in the movie Signs, to keep the aliens from reading my brain. Penny's picture already shows her with a wig. Jason can obvousy just put a tire on his head.
Old 09-14-2006, 05:59 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to alfred Send a message via MSN to alfred Send a message via Yahoo to alfred
What about me, what about me....lol......i would like to join the club. What would my name be, lmao.
Spektrumized
Old 09-14-2006, 06:04 PM

Oh initially your racer name will be something like Freak'n Rookie or Freak'n New Guy (FNG) or Road Block, until you are with us long enough to do something stupid enough to earn a more original name.
Old 09-14-2006, 06:05 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to alfred Send a message via MSN to alfred Send a message via Yahoo to alfred
Cool, lol.
Spektrumized
Old 09-14-2006, 06:07 PM

How's about Alien Life Form (ALF)?
Old 09-14-2006, 06:11 PM
Super Moderator

That is nice, but i would really like to earn my name.......even though that is nice.
Spektrumized
Old 09-14-2006, 06:21 PM

Yeah you can earn a new name at any time. It's just something to start with until you've had earning opportunities.
Old 12-18-2006, 10:06 AM

Onboard Videos Released

I've added 8 new videos to the harnoishobby.com videos page:

race #5 in the Spring 2006 series (overhead cam)
3 videos onboard with Fajita Dave and no body.
4 videos onboard with me with a roadster body.

http://harnoishobby.com/videos.html
Old 12-18-2006, 03:54 PM

lol you guys look like giants painted on the wall. I'm talking about after the finish on the 2nd vid :lol:
Old 12-18-2006, 07:47 PM
Super Moderator

Once again awesome vids....i loved the crash of the F360....now that was cool. And why did you buddy run without the body......
Spektrumized
Old 12-18-2006, 08:30 PM

This was before I did the open-wheeled conversion and the big Dodge stratus body that I ran took away a lot of the view. I know the wiring wasn't exactly pretty but I put the cam on kind of quick when I showed up then we started racing. We have LOTS more on-board fottage that has even better racing and the track even looks better. I also have my body on as well .

One thing that we liked watching was how the suspension worked. You can really see it moving especially over the rumble strips on the sides of the track and over some purpose made suddle bumps in the track a lot like a real track has in the braking/accelerating areas.

The funny thing about that F-360 flip (Jerry) is we caught him using a 6 cell cheater pack compaired to our 4 AAs in that shot . He always says hes a bad driver but he has some damn good throttle control matching our speed using that 6 cell untill he has a run on us at the finish line.

Last edited by Fajita Dave; 12-18-2006 at 08:42 PM.
Old 12-18-2006, 08:57 PM
Super Moderator

You should disqualify him for that lol........the vids were awesome. Does the open wheel design take some getting used too.
Spektrumized
Old 12-18-2006, 09:13 PM

As far as driving the cars feel a tiny bit more nimble... atleast the M18 does but the full body cars are just as fast here. The only thing that you have to get used to is you can't tie up your wheels with another car otherwise bad things (but funny) could happen . It did actually calm down the wrecks a bit and the racing got better. Recently we took out reverse and now the racing is AWESOME because people will actually race with you knowing they might take themselves out and get pinned against a wall if they get over aggressive.

We don't disqualify him for cheating. He rarly wins because he has to much power and just crashs out. He hasn't ran that pack in a while but now he has this illegal motor that looks exactly like a stocker which gives him a small but just a big enough advantage to get you down the straight away but he still crashs to much.

Last edited by Fajita Dave; 12-18-2006 at 09:17 PM.