View Single Post
Old 04-25-2008, 09:02 AM

Send a message via MSN to Nerve
Quote:
Originally Posted by harnois View Post
The smoother handling cars enable the drivers to run much closer together, which is not only fun, but it keeps the action up-close in the camera. The smoothness of the cars also means smooth camera movement, which makes the on-board footage a lot easier to watch and actually understand what is going on.
Yeah I think if you strapped the camera to the top of my micro you would want to keep a bucket near by... LOL. It is interesting that with lots of speed these cars can be fun, but with slower speeds they become more techinical as well. I would imagine that also the slower speeds would mean that parts dont get damaged as fast as they do on my micro (ie spur gears every other race).

Quote:
Originally Posted by harnois View Post
The super tight track is another part of the formula that keeps things up-close in the camera. In order to keep it smooth on such a track, we need to keep the power down, among other things. So we run with 4 AA batteries and stock 180 motors. With that setup we get over 60 minutes of runtime.
I would like to be able to give that track a whirl, but I highly doubt I would be down in the states anytime soon.. heh.

Have you considered mounting remote cameras to the sides/uppers of the bridge and around the track in certain spots to give close up side track action or a birds-eye view of the race?