View Single Post
Old 05-14-2008, 10:26 PM

Send a message via MSN to Nerve
updated pics

Snapped some pics of my tear down and rebuild tonight. I wanted to clean up and redo the shocks with oil that I wanted in there.

Right now the rear shocks have 40w and the fronts will have 45w. I ran out of time for working on front end parts for tonight so I will finish that another time. I still have to work on setting up caster / camber on here.

SteveM is hooking me up with his stock of the 38 Elite 1500 cells (3x 6cell are going into this thing for racing) and I'm considering going with a Wraith 7K motor from Bishop Products.

Some pics to look at:

Front shocks taken apart to be cleaned:

Rear diff and diff parts scattered. The rear diff is back together now however.

Front lower chassis parts and front diff and servo assemblies

CVDs and motor mount (yes aluminum)

Rear diff assembly. If you look close enough you can see a slight bend in the diff cup where that pin for the CVD meets up inside the cup. It is "a hair" to the left of where that pin is in the photo.

So that is what I have done for now. Rear shocks have 40w oil and the fronts will be getting 45w. The ball diffs will be setup to half a turn out from snug (this will be a setting I will have to tweak later on). I will eventually have to set or reset the camber on this thing as well.

Thanks for lookin @ my "rebuild thread"