View Single Post
Old 10-27-2002, 10:52 AM
Micro Hybrid Master

BLiND, do what Mondo says and use the Macro function. The effective focal length is like 3-6 inches. Pictures should be crystal clear within that range.

If I can refer you guys back to this infamous page http://www.hobby-lobby.com/speed280.htm you can see which motors have more RPM's but you can also tell which motors have more torque by looking at the Watts Out spec. I think that the most powerful motor on there would be the Speed 480 Race 7.2V motor with a whopping 67 watts and 18.7K loaded RMP. Which actually is the next fastest motor compared to the Speed 300, which we all know is pretty dang fast. But with a 22T pinion it wil make for a faster Micro than a 300 running a 14T. And the can is only 1.6mm bigger than the 380.

But anyway, before we go off trying to put a 480 motor (like that guy on ebay did, whatever happened to it?) I think we need to crack the 380 motor thing. There have got to be plenty of other 380 sized motors that have better specs than this Watt-Age $7.50. I couldn't even tell you what the RPM's or Watts Out on this thing are. I figure they may be similar to a Speed 400 which is pushing only 12K RPM's loaded and it's unloaded RPM is 2/3rds what a tiny Speed 300 is. If someone can find a 380 motor with around 30K RPMs and 70 watts, I think we'd have a good candidate to beat out a brushless system.

Honestly I think a 380 motor is totally practical for a Micro. It's still very small, but has so much more potential as far as options for gear ratios and number of cells. We're talking about being able to run anwhere from 6-10 cells and run anything from 16T-24T pinions which amount to almost an infinite number of unique performance combinations. I mean it's perfect really. I realize it's not for everybody. A buddy of mine still has his stock 180 motor in his Micro and he loves it. Says he doesn't need any more speed. That and he races it on weekends and everyone else runs stock.

Here's a cool pic of the Motor Fury: from left to right, stock 180, 370 (280 sized), 380, 540.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg motorstackup_2.jpg (59.6 KB, 253 views)