YourMicro.com Forums

YourMicro.com Forums (http://yourmicro.com/forums/index.php)
-   Micro RS4 Gallery (http://yourmicro.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   My NEW BODY (homemade).... (http://yourmicro.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16641)

homer 05-11-2005 04:21 PM

My NEW BODY (homemade)....

1 Attachment(s)
Well...after months of countless late nights and whatever spare time I could find, its one (of a few) that's almost complete. Works on the 150mm WB, but it should accommodate 140mm WB also.
Ive pulled about a dozen of these to get the vacuum & heat combo as best as possible on the homemade unit. :D

You're feedback is appreciated. :)

TFRMicro 05-11-2005 05:02 PM

Are you ready to sell them yet? I want one....:cool:

accrx77 05-11-2005 05:04 PM

WOW Thats awesome. good job on the DIY. Do you have a write up on how to make a vacuum mold?

jaejw1 05-11-2005 05:22 PM

Re: My NEW BODY (homemade)....

Quote:

Originally posted by homer
Well...after months of countless late nights and whatever spare time I could find, its one (of a few) that's almost complete. Works on the 150mm WB, but it should accommodate 140mm WB also.
Ive pulled about a dozen of these to get the vacuum & heat combo as best as possible on the homemade unit. :D

You're feedback is appreciated. :)

i bet you cant make one for me,, i even triple dog dare you to even try,, it will be too hard,, and you have to mail it to me so i can see if it fits.. ..... just as long you dont mind that i paint it and race it,, :D

alfred 05-11-2005 06:17 PM

Hey bud wheres mine lol.......nice job homer....i knew you could do it....:D

homer 05-11-2005 07:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
here's another one. ;)

quietfly 05-11-2005 10:23 PM

man that looks incredible. I always wanted to vacuum form but i way to many other hobbies. I'd take a couple if you sell them

-Chris

homer 05-12-2005 12:09 AM

1 Attachment(s)
and another. This one is my "American Le Mans version " version with "left hand driver".

accrx77,

NO write up - just some late nights in the garage trial n error on the heat and vacuum combo. You'll note on the first pic I posted at the rear corner, a small amount of webbing did occur on the bottom corner. I was able to reduce it (the webbing) so it was below the "cutline" of the body - thus no effect on the shape, design and stability of the poly. I'm happy with the results.
(I know a professional vacuum former would not have this problem I encountered)

TFRMicro,
soon. (in about 2 weeks). Just getting the wings for these in place to form (this should be much easier to do). Most likely they come with the masks I made, too. Used avery labels to do this.
Wondering if I should use the transparent (as shown) or white labels to make the masks. Suggestions?

jaewj1,
oh...they'll fit alright. Ive designed and tested then on MRS4s (stock, arm, EXO2, IDP, sleeper) and of course, the M18s (except with the vertical mount motor). I went thru enough bodies to make sure they fit. :)

Alfred,
yours is enroute.;)

alfred 05-12-2005 12:13 AM

Cool cant wait buddy......your stuff that you need for the 18t I will be picking them up this friday....:D

homer 05-12-2005 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by alfred
Cool cant wait buddy......your stuff that you need for the 18t I will be picking them up this friday....:D
jeez... late night for you buddy?

alfred 05-12-2005 12:25 AM

Yeah i know.....been negelecting the forums lately....making up for it now....glad to see the bodies actually came out great man..had no doubts at all in your abilities..:D

quietfly 05-12-2005 12:28 AM

any chance of one of those bodies for the rc18t?

homer 05-12-2005 12:49 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally posted by quietfly
any chance of one of those bodies for the rc18t?
Sure!
Now, if I ever get my dang RC18T shipped to me from my nephew, then I would certainly modify the moulds (if necessary) to make sure it fit correctly.

btw, here's another bod - just pulled it this afternoon.
(one thing I ve realized is molds with rounded edges, pull with no webbing issues on the corners) This one was easier to do.
can you recognize it?
Ive already got a name for it. :D

Xtant3150c 05-12-2005 02:36 AM

Man homer these are killahz!!!

Where do I sign up!

I really like the lemans and the first one! But honestly I LOVE them all!

Great job! Can't wait to get my hands on a few of these!

You are going to be a busy man once word gets around about these bodies!;)

Mondo 05-12-2005 02:40 AM

Homer's shells

Homer,

Awesome dude. You are a man of many talents.
Those are amazing. Can't wait to see them all painted up :)
Keep us informed of your progress.

Any chance of a nice closed wheel bodushell for the RC18T? :D